If you’ve set up Facebook Deep Link Measurement and would like to test the Facebook deep link measurement functionality before running a live ad campaign, you can do so by following the procedure below.
Note: While TUNE is not an official Facebook Measurement Partner, TUNE can measure campaign performance for any advertising partner who supports deep linking technology (including Facebook, Twitter, Apple, and Google), regardless of whether the ad partner is integrated with TUNE or not.
Testing Facebook Deep Link Measurement:
- Make sure you have a Test Profile setup.
- Go to Integrations, search for Facebook and click Enable.
- Once on the Facebook partner detail page, click Create and follow the steps to create your FB Tagged deeplink.
- Use Facebook’s deeplink tester tool (requires Facebook dev account to access) to test without creating a live ad.
- After choosing your app, click Test Deep Link and enter the TUNE-generated deeplink and click the Send Deferred checkbox to have Facebook queue the deferred deeplink.
- Upon download and the first open your app, we retreieve the TUNE-generated deep link.
- If test is successful, you will see an Install in TUNE for Partner Facebook.
Troubleshooting Facebook Deep Link Measurement:
- Go to Logs > Installs. Open the EDIT menu and select Referral URL. Lastly, FILTER the install logs using your GAID or IDFA.
- Check to see if the Referral URL param is populated in the install Logs with the deeplink
- If the deeplink is NOT in the install logs, then we need to troubleshoot:
- Confirm SDK versions are correct
- Confirm the deeplink is formatted correctly
- Android debugging: Put the SDK in debug mode and search the debug log for referral_url and confirm the deeplink is being passed correctly.
- If the referral_url in the debug log is null, add breakpoints to make sure the deeplink is being passed correctly from the FB SDK to the TUNE SDK.
- iOS debugging: For iOS, implement the server response listener and search for referral_url and confirm the deeplink is being passed correctly.
- If the referral_url is null, add breakpoints in the FB deferred deep link callback to make sure the deeplink is being passed correctly from the FB SDK to the TUNE SDK.