Any time the TUNE Marketing Console (TMC) SDK sees a user we've never seen before, TUNE logs a new install record for that user. While this works optimally for new apps being introduced to the app stores, it presents a problem for existing apps in the app store, but new to TUNE. If your mobile app already has an established user base before you implement the TUNE SDK, you will encounter issues with false positives (new installs) that are actually not new to your app, only new to TUNE.
To avoid unnecessary discrepancies and not attribute existing users as new installs when opening your updated app with the TUNE SDK, use the Install Data Import Tool to inform TUNE about your pre-existing users. To learn about other methods TUNE employs to handle your existing users, please see Handling Existing Users Prior to SDK Implementation.
Important Note: Please send TUNE the data exports from your former attribution solution or your in-house database IMMEDIATELY and before going live with the TUNE SDK in your app(s). It is imperative to have the data import completed before installs start being sent to TUNE via the SDK.
If at any point you run into a snag, please contact TUNE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up for a TUNE account.
- Log into your TUNE account.
- Set up any mobile apps for which you wish to import past data.
- For an iOS app, provide your app’s package name (iOS Bundle Identifier) and the store app id as shown in the following screenshot. Note: Your mobile app’s Store App ID is provided by Apple and is completely different from the “App ID” in TMC (after you add the mobile app).
- For an Android app, provide your app’s package name and indicate if you have the Google Analytics SDK installed and you would like your measurement URLs to include the Google Analytics campaign measurement parameters, as shown in the following screenshot.
- After completing the fields, click Create App & Continue.
- App Name - Type the name of your Mobile App.
- App Type - Select the platform that your app runs on (you can only select one at a time).
- You will need to add the same mobile app more than once if it runs on multiple platforms.
- Destination URL - Type the URL to where you want users direct (for downloading your app).
- In the Create App dialog box, complete the following fields.
- If you are only importing Device IDs skip to step 5. If you would like to import your data with partner source data as well, continue here:
- Before you will be able to create your CSV file for import, you will need to enable all of your partner integrations in TUNE to obtain the corresponding Publisher IDs
- Partner integrations can be enabled here: by searching for the Partner and clicking Enable.
- If you want to add a Partner that is not integrated with TUNE, you can go here and Input the Partner Name and click Add Partner
- Once this process is finished, you will need to use the ID listed next to each partner here and use the ID values to populate the publisher_id column in the CSV file to be imported.
- Create a csv file per app following these guidelines:
CSV format: The file may include the following columns of data, there should be a header row populated with the label for the type of data to expect, as follows:
- One CSV file per app, per identifier type (one of the following identifiers per file):
- publisher_id (optional; if included, organic must use '0' or the row will be skipped during import)
The list of valid fields is below:
|google_aid||Google Advertising Identifier (GAID). Formatted as a GUUID with dashes, as returned by the device (38400000-8cf0-11bd-b23e-10b96e40000d).||one ID required|
|ios_ifa||Apple Advertising Identifier (IDFA). Formatted as a GUUID with dashes, as returned by the device (3F2504E0-4F89-41D3-9A0C-0305E82C3301).||one ID required|
|android_id||Android ID. A 64-bit number (as a hex string) that is randomly generated on the first boot of a device and typically remains constant for the lifetime of the device.||one ID required|
|publisher_id||TUNE Publisher ID for the install’s attributed partner. If included, use ‘0’ for Organics.||no|
- Go to the list of Mobile apps in your TUNE dashboard as shown below:
- Rename your CSV import file to include the “ID” listed next to the correct mobile app in the TUNE dashboard (“TUNEAppId.csv”)
- Email email@example.com with your account manager and Sales Engineer cc’d with the file(s) attached or a link to your file(s) for download.
- Our support team will update you once the data has been imported.
NOTE: You can also provide one UNIX timestamp in the support request for ALL of the imported data. When providing support with the UNIX timestamp, the created timestamp must be within 20 days prior to current timestamp. If the created timestamp is not set, the time of the import is used.