Power Hooks are key-value pairs that are passed into your application code by TUNE when your app starts, allowing for settings, text, and logic to be modified on the fly for all user devices without coding, re-versioning or updating your application. Power Hooks can be changed globally impacting all users of the application, customized per user segment or tested as part of an A/B experiment.
Implementing Power Hooks
To implement Power Hooks complete the following workflow:
- Register the Power Hook.
- Obtain the value of the Power Hook.
- Use Value In Code.
- Optionally, use callbacks to be notified when Power Hook values change.
Power Hooks Common Use Cases
Common use cases include, but are not limited to:
- Configuration settings
- Modification of API calls
- Messaging, copy and text
- Number of results to display
- Number of columns to show
- Enable/Disable app functionality
- Adjusting required fields
- Ordering of navigation elements
- Text (labels, colors, etc.)
- Position or direction of elements
- Default selections (e.g. quantity)
- Color schemes
- Timing and delays
- Sensitivity controls
- Location accuracy settings
- App specific behavior
- Advertisement frequency and length
- Default values
- Visual media
- Pricing and discounts
- Default tabs or screens
For more information and a detailed Use Case example, see Power Hooks Use Case Example.